Theosophy News Worldwide 4th Quarter 2019
Dear friends of Theosophy,
with the lasst issue I carried on the series "Top 10 misbeliefs of theosophical scholars" and I put a poll below the article, so the outcome is: 60% agreed, that Not everything what happend to me is my own self-inflicted Karma and 40% disagreed and I still owe you a qoute, that "proof" this perception:
"Devachan is the idealized continuation of the terrestrial life just left behind, a period of retributive adjustment, and a reward for unmerited wrongs and sufferings undergone in that special life. Source: Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, The Key to Theosophy (London: Theosophical Publishing Society, 1893), p. 90."
Today, with No. 3 of the misbeliefs, I deal with a wrong understanding of infinity.
Within The Press-Review outside the Movement one can find in this issue, as always, many interesting facts, f.e. with a huge impact (again) within the last quarter the exhibittion ‘Art & Theosophy at Lomaland’ in San Diego History Center which remindes on the glory days of the Theosophical Society Point Loma in Lomaland.
And now I wish you an interesting reading and a peaceful autumn. With kind regards from Germany
Editor of Theosophy World News
Topic of the quarter
No. 03 of the top 10 misbeliefs of theosophical scholars: The infinit being
Once again I try to proximate a delusion with logic. One important requirement, that something can exist, is a shape, for a human it's body. The shape is it's 'boundary', whatever it is and if it would be infinite (literally and in regard to its expansion) or shapeless, it cannot exist, albeit whether this shape is visible for us or not. There is nothing and there can be nothing exist, that has no shape or limitation of its existence, therefore, an infinit being is a missbelief.
One could say: "And spiritual beings? We don't see they, but they exist." I would agree, but they exist not on this plane. On the plane they are exist, they need of course a shape to exist, f.e. the so called shells on the so called astral plane. But what's with thoughts, do it have a form, one could argue. I think we have here to differ in abstract and concrete things and it's not as easy as it sounds.
However, I'm talking about the infinit beeing and this, literal understand, as a beeing without any shape oder border, is not possible. The meaning of that within the theosophical teachings of HPB, in my opinion, is often that of a symbol. Or more exact, it should illustrate an abstract symbol (a symbol is not a being and is nothing that exists in that concrete way, it's abstract), often connected to space. And in regard to THE being, it should better see as something, that seems endless to us. This little word makes a huge difference.
For ancient people and it's limited knowledge, the solarsystem seemed infinit, but it isn't. The shape of it is at least the Heliosphere, which we cannot see with our physical eyes but nowdays with our scientific ones. For us and our knowledge, today, the whole universe or the being that represent that, SEEMS to be infinit, but literally it can't BE infinite, if we want to keep being logical (and in analogy, as above so below and vice versa).
What do you think?
European School of Theosophy
more information in feb 2020
European Federation of the TS Adyar
News from Theosophical Societies
See also our video-section with two channels (TS Adyar, ULT Bethesda) which upload regulary interesting content from lectures and other content. There you can also find the TS Adyar Channel with all the videos (that where live-streamed) from the 144th International Convention, which is quite intersting for all TS Adyar members. You can also find there many new lecture-uplaods from the European School of Theosophy. EuST also announced a new international Magazine named Hermes, more about that in the Website-Section.
There is a new TOS Director in Spain, as TOS announced here.
TS Adyar Indian Section published the Annual Report 2018-19 and the Vishwa Bandhutwa of Marathi Theosophical Federation – Oct-Nov 2019
Devachan is the idealized continuation of the terrestrial life just left behind, a period of retributive adjustment, and a reward for unmerited wrongs and sufferings undergone in that special life.
Articles from Theosophical sites
- Theosophy a Shoreless Ocean
- All is Life by Janet Hoult
- Negotiating Urbanism and Architecture – A Theosophical Vision
- Waking Our Inner God, the Divine Imprisoned Spirit
- A Web of Spiritual Substance Spans the Universe
- Connecting at a Distance: The Astral Matrix
- We Always Color the Day for Others
- All One Being: The Conscious Earth
- Measuring the Immeasurable, the Intersection of Science and Spirit
- Neuroplasticity: Carving Out New Brain Paths
- Children Who Remember Previous Lives
- Snow Angels and the Seven Earths
- Love is Divine Magic: the Heart Rules
- Recent Blavatsky Projects from Daniel J. Caldwell
- Blavatsky Book Review: The Judge Case - Ernest Pelletier
- Good News from the International Theosophical Centre in Naarden, the Netherlands
- Unsacred Architecture
- Good News from Mumbai
- Mini-interviews Marina De Grandis
- TRIBUTES ON THEOSOPHY FORWARD -TWO
- Mercury, Sun, Moon, Mars, Neptune
- A Practical Guide to Death and Dying – part 7
- Focus – A simplicity manifesto in the Age of Distraction: Part 29
- Animal rights – A spiritual view on how to treat animals - part1
- How does language emerge?
- A note from Joma Sipe in Portugal - December/January
- Photos by Richard Dvořák - SUN SHOTS
- When things are good!
- Human Regeneration – part twenty-five
- The Three Fundamental Propositions
- Boris de Zirkoff’s Talk on Inner Awareness
Montreal Theosophy Project
- Introduction to the Metaphysics of the Secret Doctrine 3/3
- Astrology: Winter Solstice, December 21, 2019
- Introduction to the Metaphysics of the Secret Doctrine 2/3
- Cicero on Friendship
- Introduction to the Metaphysics of the Secret Doctrine 1/3
- Geshe Langri Tangpa’s Eight Verses of Training the Mind
- The Mahatma Letters on Tolerance
- Christian Mysticism: The Practice of the Presence of God, Brother Lawrence
- Theosophical Basics: The Esoteric Spiritual Path
- Al-Ghazāli - On the Duties of Brotherhood/Sisterhood
- The Doctrine of the Logos - A comparative study
- Thesosophy Basics: Primordial Substance (Mulaprakriti, Akasha, Svabhava, Pradhana, Aditi)
- Top 25 posts of all time / 5th anniversary
- Astrology: Fall Equinox, September 23, 2019
- A Mumukshus Daily Life
Theos-talk has reincarnated at groups.io is now called Theosophy@groups.io You can join firstname.lastname@example.org (the successor group) and carry on discussions there. Anyone can join by sending a msg to: email@example.com
- HISTORY OF THEOSOPHY FORUMS ON INTERNET
- Theosophy made a laughing stock???
- CLEVELAND LODGE SENDING MONEY TO ADYAR USING WHEATON MAY BE VIOLATING TAX EXEMPT LAWS and here and here
- FUTURE OF TS AS SEEN BY A MEMBER
- Saga of Olcott Free School at Adyar
- HELPING ADYAR TO SPREAD THEOSOPHY
- THEOSOPHICAL ETHICS AT ADYAR --- SOME THOUGHTS
- From the 1998 Annual Report of TS, Adyar
- THEOSOPHY IN ACTION TODAY
- Taking (and enjoying) Theosophy Money
- MOST IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE DONE TO THEOSOPHY
- IS KERN MONEY HELPING SPREAD THEOSOPHY?
- A BREATH OF FRESH AIR IN WHEATON
- ACCOUNTANTS AND ATTORNEYS HAVE FOUND A GOLDEN GOOSE
- HOW INTERNET HAS EMPOWERED COMMON MAN
- Some thoughts on declining membership
- ALI RITSEMA PASSES AWAY
- UPCOMING CONVENTION AT VARANASI
- On Going Sad Debacle in Varanasi
- BENEFITS OF UNLEARNING
TS (Adyar) in America (USA)
publisher, Winter 2019
TS (Adyar) in Australia
publisher, November 2019 (pdf)
The TS (Pasadena) Australasian Section
publisher, December 2019 (pdf)
The Aquarian Theosophist
United Lodge of Theosophists (ULT)
Press outside the movement about Theosophy
Performing Arts Partners with Damonte Ranch High
It is for the latter [the personalities] to cling to it; and thus partaking of its [Monads] divine nature, obtain immortality.
And as such, the Personal Ego, becoming at one with its divine parent, shares in the immortality of the latter. Otherwise....