Theosophy News Worldwide 4th Quarter 2018
Dear friends of Theosophy,
five years ago I've started this Newsletter and this is the 20th Issue, a bit late and a shorter one, in fact, but - here it is.
The biggest impact (as far as I know) in the matter of Theosophy within last quarter outside the Movement had the news coverage of the current exhibition of the Theosophy-inspirated Hilma af Klint's works at the Guggenheim Museum in New York through April 23 in many major newspaper, f.e. The Washington Post, The New York Times, Forbes etc. At least 20 stories are linked below in the Section Pressreview about Theosophy outside the Movement and in all of it Theosophy and or Blavatsky was mentioned.
But also within the Movement Theosophists were busy to spread Theosophy, as you can read below, especially within the Section Articles from Theosophical Sites.
If you want to purchase H.P. Blavatsky Collected Writings in Print, you can do this at QuestBooks Webshop. Reading for free you can the Collected Writings Online at katinkahesselink.net/blavatsky. If you want to read it for free, but offline, you could download the whole website with a tool named Website Downloader HTTRACK that can handle such tasks.
Thank you also for your kind feedback. And now I wish you an interesting reading and a peaceful winter. With kind regards from Germany
Editor of Theosophy World News
News from Theosophical Societies
The 4th edition of the "Theosophical Notes" quarterly newsletter from ULT was published. You can red it here (pdf)
Summary of the European School of Theosophy 2018, in Italy, Fotos on Instagram and Videos:, What do you think about the work of the European School of Theosophy? Danse Macabre (voix & orchestre) de Camille Saint-Saëns Greetings to the EuST 2018 Theosophical History Conferences and European School of Theosophy Leslie Price.
TS Adyar (Norh-)America published two new videos in Presidents Blog Diary by Barabra Herbert see here.
Tim Boyd, president of TS Adyar Chennai pubblished a video named International President's Update Sept/Oct 2018 and from the 143rd International Convention there are a lot of photos and videos you can watch.
TS Point Loma (TSPL) published Videos of the study of Martin Leiderman on the Stanzas of Dzyan.
For all the new (free) magazines of TS's have a look at the Magazines-Section at the right sidebar.
The “Wisdom religion” is the inheritance of all the nations, the world over.
Articles from Theosophical sites
- Spiritual Eyes: Piercing the Illusion of Reality
- Dreaming and Prophecy
- God is Love, God is Life
- Psychic Abilities Common to Everyone
- True Astrology: Our Destiny is Written in the Stars
- Untying the Knots of the Heart — a Spiritual Transforming
- Our Soul Destiny and the Bearers of Truth
- A Psychic Field Effect, the Astral Virgin
- When the Eye is Single
- A Mysterious Power in Karma and Reincarnation
- The Magic of Life, Light and Immortality
- Lao Tzu’s New Year Resolutions
- A Pagan Christmas and the Real Jesus
- Solstice Secrets, the Turning of an Electric Sun
- Our Entangled Minds: Connecting at a Distance
- Lessons from the Light, the Near-Death Experience
- The Universe Had No Beginning
- Life Goes On – Plato’s Vision of Immortality
- Space is Not Empty: New Views of the Interstellar Medium
- Healed by Unconditional Love, a Near Death Experience
- Blavatsky's Influence and the Blavatsky Revival 1/3
- Blavatsky's Influence and the Blavatsky Revival 2/3
- Blavatsky's Influence and the Blavatsky Revival 3/3
- Blavatsky Book Review: Letters to the Sage: Selected Correspondence of Thomas Moore Johnson: Volume Two: Alexander Wilder, the Platonist
- Blavatsky and the Thomas Taylor Revival
- Blavatsky, Alexander Wilder and Thomas Moore Johnson
- Editorial - A handful of random thoughts on Freedom
- Mystical Union
- Notable Books 38
- Good News from the Theosophical Society in America - three
- Good news from the Theosophical Society in America - two
- Good News from the Theosophical Society in America – one
- Good News from the Blavatsky Lodge, Mumbai-India.
- Good New from International Theosophy Conferences
- Good News from the European School of Theosophy
- On the Watchtower
- Good News from the TOS
- Good News from the Netherlands
- Death and Lessons to Learn
- Mini–interviews Nancy Blott
- Mini–interviews Robert Béland
- Mini-Interviews Smitapragyan Patro
- Mini-Interviews Shikhar Agnihotri
- Mini-Interviews Perry Coles
- Ted G. Davy – A Tribute
- Birth of the Theosophical Society in Canada
- Occult Astronomy
- Secret Teachings
- The Descent into Hades
- Annie Besant in Toronto
- Maria Montessori
- Ernest Dimnet
- Erich Fromm
Montreal Theosophy Project
- John Ralston Saul The Fight for Freedom of Expression Around the World: A Personal Account
- Blavatsky and the Kalama Sutta
- Through the Gates of Gold, part 5 - The Secret of Strength, ch. 1
- Sufi Ethics: What the Seeker Needs 3
- The Septenary Principle in Sufism
- William Q Judge - Talk on Karma
- Through the Gates of Gold - Ch.5, pt. 2a The Secret of Strength
- New Year Message from H. P. Blavatsky
- Franz Hartmann/Jacob Boehme on the Inner Christ
- Astrology: Winter Solstice, December 21 2018
- Who Was Saint Germain?
- The Unseen Effects of Capital Punishment
- Lao Tzu and Tao - Insights from Theosophy
- Theosophy on The Pleiades
- Theosophy on The Milky Way
- The Great Sacrifice & The Mystery-Land of Shambhala
- Pranayama and Raja Yoga
- Gelugpas, Tantra, & Theosophy: Resolving a Complex Puzzle
- Hypatia: One of History's Greatest Women
- Good Karma and Bad Karma
- Winter Solstice [from Theosophy Magazine]
Book of Dzyan Research
- Activities of the Moscow Theosophical Society
- EPIDEMIC OF ENJOYMENT SPREADING IN TS ???
- GOOD NEWS FROM MALLESWARAM LODGE OF TS IN BENGALURU, INDIA.
- ESOTERIC SCHOOL OF THEOSOPHY IN AMERICA --- CLAIMS TO BE A CHURCH IN THE USA
- NEWS ALERT - VALUATION OF DAMODAR GARDENS PROPERTY --- US$ 200 Million
- Siberian Theosophical Center
- *** 3 *** THREE OBJECTS OF THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY – THEIR SACREDNESS –
- PUBLIC MEMORY IS SHORT – LET US NOT FORGET TWO CRITICAL HURTFUL ACTS NO THEOSOPHIST CAN DEFEND –
- DOES ANYONE AT ADYAR ANYMORE CARE FOR THE INNER FOUNDERS
Press outside the movement about Theosophy
The Irish Times named Annie Besant as the first woman to endorse birth control.
lankaweb.com wrotes about the pioneering activities propounded by Col.Olcott & Madam Blavatsky in Ceylon.
India Today reported that Google Doodle celebrates Children's Day on Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru's birthday: Facts on India's first PM and the first prime minister of independent India Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru's had also a Theosophy-Connection.
In The Telegraph India Blavatsky plays a role in the article Modern Hinduism: Searching for the self.
A book-review of Modern South India: A History from the 17th Century to Our Times by Rajmohan Gandhi in The Hindu mentioned Theosophy.
The Washington Post wrotes about the thoesophy inspirated artist Hilma af Klint and the exhibition of her works at the Guggenheim Museum in New York through April 23. (Paywall) but also readable at gulfnews.com, artnet News, Observer, ArtLyst, Art Newspaper, Forbes, Financial Times, Commonweal, Gothamist, New York Times, City Guide NY, Hyperallergic, Artsy, Arte Fuse and Brooklyn Rail or The New Yorker and always Theosophy and or Balavatsky was mentioned.
The Costa Rican poet Eunice Odio was also theosophy-inspirated, if we believe Linfield College Professor Sonia Ticas at orartswatch.org.
In Ann McCoy with Aaron Rosen we get to know, that the Artist Ann McCoy is also theosophy-inspirated, read at brooklynrail.org.
The Guardian introduce Namgyal Monastery Institute of Buddhist Studies in Ithaca (USA) that has also a theosophical history.
The article The art of loving in tragedy in IndianLink.com narrate the story of Austrian-born Gertrude Hirsch who also is theosophy-related.
lomabeat.com publishes an article about the "utopian community" of Katherine Tingley in Point Loma or at least, where this plays a little role.
Odia Son received the Fellowship in Theosophical Studies as orissadiary.com reported.
A story from the Spectator about Hermann Hesse mentioned Theosophy.
The Times (UK) explain why "the tech elite in America are paying up to $40,000 a year to send their children to Waldorf-schools that enforce a back-to-basics approach". In this article also Theosophy is mentioned, because this "screen-free education... has a new-age twist".
A short biographie on patheos.com about the Wondrous Alexandra David-Neel mentined H. P. Blavatsky.
On opindia.com you can read some Gandhi-Quotes also the famous one about the Key to Theosophy by H. P. Balavstky.
In the article Why Henry David Thoreau was drawn to yoga at bigthink.com Blavatsky is mentioned as thinker, that was influenced by Yoga.
Blavatsky plays also an important role in the strange story One Month After the Titanic Sank at slate.com
Now also The Jewish Voice spreads the lies about Theosophy one can find in Mr. Kurlander's book "Hitlers Monsters" (we reported on one of our last issue).
Patheos.com has some strange thoughts about Theosophy and Suffragettes, Gnostics, and the Divine Feminine
The Curch Times illuminates the Anglo-Catholic involvement in the occult and maybe also the roots of C.W. Leadbeaters "Theospohy".
An article full of hate about the Akashic Records one can read in bustle.com.
In Mercatornet once again The rise of Wicca is connected also with Theosophy, named in one sentence with Aleister Crowley, so you an imagine the quality of the article.
The Jewish Press asked Who’s Responsible For The Measles Outbreak? and has also an anwser: "bizarre New Age beliefs and affiliations, which include Taoism, Reiki, Buddhism, the Sun Salute in Yoga, arm-flapping alternative kinesiology, Theosophy, and Christian Lemoges." [?]
theringer.com bother to attest the Far Right "Magical Thinking" and also Balavtsky is mentioned there.
To be true, religion and philosophy must offer the solution of every problem. That the world is in such a bad condition morally is a conclusive evidence that none of its religions and philosophies--those of the civilized races less than any other--have ever possessed the TRUTH. The right and logical explanations on the subject of the problems of the great dual principles, right and wrong, good and evil, liberty and despotism, pain and pleasure, egotism and altruism, are as impossible to them now as they were 1880 years ago. They are as far from the solution as they ever were, but. . . . "To these there must be somewhere a consistent solution, and if our doctrines will show their competence to offer it, then the world will be the first one to confess, that ours must be the true philosophy, the true religion, the true light, which gives truth and nothing but the TRUTH. . . .
European Federation of the TS Adyar
TS Adyar Germany
It is for the latter [the personalities] to cling to it; and thus partaking of its [Monads] divine nature, obtain immortality.
Letter to the editor
Thank you so much for this important work for all theosophist
Carlos C. A. via Mail
Thank you. Excellent. Shared in various places.
Eric via Mail
Just got you new "Theosophy World News" from FB site, nice work! What immediately stood out was the personal pronoun "I" just published... I (we) hope you get some help in future!
Anyway, I just retired from my mundane profession and will be pursuing my Kundalini Laser hypothesis as rudimentarily outlined here. I just applied to membership at ITC and may go to this Summer's convention in the US (if we still exist and idiot president hasn't had a global tantrum). I chose "Idea for Project" because it easily translates... and I would like to follow up on my research by working with a hyperbaric chamber; that was what the Great Pyramid was was made for!
Thanks and Good Luck!