Theosophy News Worldwide 2nd Quarter 2019
Dear friends of Theosophy,
sometimes the allegation of beeing an "Adyar newsletter" was made and even if the one or other is laughing about this (I'm really independet), sometimes I understand it. Every quarter I strive through the web and what websites of theosophical societies do we have beside Adyar with regular new (international or english) content? ULT, Pasadena's Australasian Section and Point Loma Blavatsky-House. Thats it.
So this is a laud (also to the others mentioned and I certainly forgot) to Adyar. Many webisites of this TS got also a new, modern appareance in the last months and this could also be a good example.
In the last quarter HPB was part of a 3D-Game and a Theatre play, we found out the problem of Sir Edwin Lutyens (one of the greatest british architects) after his wife became a Theosophist, The New Yorker and The New York Times (and others) mentioned Theosophy and for me, the finding of the quarter was the theosophy inspirated artist Agnes Pelton and her wonderful paintings (currently at the Phoenix Art Museum). All of this and many more you can find in the section Press outside the Movement about Theosophy.
Instead a topic of the quarter I'm starting with a new series "Top 10 misbeliefs of theosophical scholars" and your vote is sought, tell me what you think, am I right with the first one?
If you still not receive this helpful newsletter straight into your mailbox, then subscribe now this free, non-commercial quarterly thesophical review.
And now I wish you an interesting reading and a peaceful summer. With kind regards from Germany
Editor of Theosophy World News
Topic of the quarter
No. 01 of the top 10 misbeliefs of theosophical scholars: HPB's Theosopy supports Theory of relativity or vice versa
The processes of natural development which we are now considering once elucidate and discredit the fashion of speculating on the attributes of two, three, and four or more dimensional space; but, in passing, it is worth while to point out the real significance of the sound, but incomplete, intuition that has prompted -- among Spiritualists and Theosophists, and several great men of Science, for the matter of that -- the use of the modern expression, the "fourth dimension of space."To begin with, the superficial absurdity of assuming that Space itself is measurable in any direction is of little consequence. [...] The three dimensions belong really to only one attribute, or characteristic, of matter -- extension; and popular common sense justly rebels against the idea that, under any condition of things, there can be more than three of such dimensions as length, breadth and thickness. These terms, and the term "dimension" itself, all belong to one plane of thought, to one stage of evolution, to one characteristic of matter. So long as there are foot-rules within the resources of cosmos, to apply to matter, so long will they be able to measure it three ways and no more; just as, from the time the idea of measurement first occupied a place in the human understanding, it has been possible to apply measurement in three directions and no more. [Source: SD:I:271,272 (The four Dimensions of Space)]
In physics, spacetime is any mathematical model that fuses the three dimensions of space and the one dimension of time into a single four-dimensional continuum.[...] However, in 1905, Albert Einstein based his seminal work on special relativity on two postulates: (1) The laws of physics are invariant (i.e., identical) in all inertial systems (i.e., non-accelerating frames of reference); (2) The speed of light in a vacuum is the same for all observers, regardless of the motion of the light source. The logical consequence of taking these postulates together is the inseparable joining together of the four dimensions, hitherto assumed as independent, of space and time. [Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime]
General relativity (GR, also known as the general theory of relativity or GTR) is the geometric theory of gravitation published by Albert Einstein in 1915 and the current description of gravitation in modern physics. General relativity generalizes special relativity and refines Newton's law of universal gravitation, providing a unified description of gravity as a geometric property of space and time, or spacetime. [Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_relativity]
By the 1920s, the physics community understood and accepted special relativity. It rapidly became a significant and necessary tool for theorists and experimentalists in the new fields of atomic physics, nuclear physics, and quantum mechanics. [Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_relativity]In spite of the fact that the universe is well described by four-dimensional spacetime, there are several reasons why physicists consider theories in other dimensions [...] In bosonic string theory, spacetime is 26-dimensional, while in superstring theory it is 10-dimensional, and in M-theory it is 11-dimensional. [Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory#Extra_dimensions]
So the reasonable alternative (the conclusions of Einsteins theories are too often unlogical and therefore impossible) for a scientific Kosmogenesis that supports Theosophy and vice versa, is the Eletric Universe or Plasmacosmology.
What do you think?
Press outside the movement about Theosophy
Big Think spreads 10 Krishnamurti quotes on the meaning of life.
A Book Review at reddirtreport.com about "The Unlikely Occultist" by Isobel Blackthorn deals with this "Biographical Novel of Alice A. Bailey".
Within the 3D-Game "Another Sight" Helena P. Blavatsky plays a little role as Power Up! reported.
In May Blavatsky was also part of the Theatre play CITIZEN WONG by the Pan Asian Repertory Theatre in Salt Lake City in Utah (USA) as minnesotamonthly.com announced.
Theosophy is described as "hybrid religious systems" related to some artists of the early 20th century that were inspirated by Theosophy in the article Religious Studies Class Visits NYC Museums at hamilton.edu.
There is an exhibition of the Theosopy-inspirated artist Agnes Pelton at the Phoenix Art Museum as you can read at kcrw.com, within some beautiful drawings of her.
Papermag wants to pocket Theosophy-inspirated Artist Hilma af Klint as a "Queer" (means here homosexual) and Lesbian Artist.
Theosophy is mentioned in a "Cultural Context" in the article about Jordan Belson at art-critique.com
Some books about The Spirit of the Bauhaus were recommended at architecturalrecord.com and within the influence of spiritual movements plays a little role, like Theosophy.
Hilma af Klint's art is the topic of an article at globalsistersreport.org and therfore also Theosophy is mentioned. A wonderful article from Hilmars grandnephew Johan af Klint for the Guggenheim's website is linked within the article that is worth to read: Inspiration and Influence: The Spiritual Journey of Artist Hilma af Klint.
The article Painting imposing structures his passion mentioned "another attraction is the painting of 'Olcott Bungalow' on BT College campus named after Henry Steel Olcott, a senior colleague of Annie Besant..." at The Hindu-Webiste. The Hindu also published an article about the Theosophy-inspirated Artist Hilma af Klint.
In the article Maitreya: “Share and Save the World” Nation of Change states that "the existence of the spiritual hierarchy was first made known by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky..".
The Hindu mentioned HPB in an arrticle about Sherlock Holmes afterlife in India.
HPB is shortly mentioned in the article named A safe space about an event organised by the Walpola Rahula Institute at daily FT.
India Post published an article Vivekananda transformed world spirituality from Chicago about a lecture of Professor Peter van der Veer, he said: "The same [could have been invented only in modern America] would be true even of “spiritualism”, which “connects English antinomianism with a new anticolonial universalism”, exemplified by Madame Blavatsky and especially Annie Besant, the first female and feminist president of the Indian National Congress."
eurasiareview.com published the article Brexit: Challenges And Opportunities For India And Ireland – OpEd the author states that a "political link between India and Ireland was established by Annie Besant" and therfore also Theosophy is mentioned. Also millenniumpost publihsed this article.
An article about Guy Ballard in catholicherald.co.uk in the series "Heretic of the week", the founder of the "I AM"-Movement, a connection to the later theosophical teachings is drawn.
The NewYorker linked the German composer Karlheinz Stockhausen to Theosophy.
If we believe the article in religionnews Marianne Williamson’s metaphysical campaign for president, represents Williamsen "metaphysical religion ... as comprising Freemasonry, early Mormonism, Universalism and Transcendentalism before the Civil War and, subsequently, Spiritualism, Theosophy, New Thought, mind cure and reinvented versions of Asian ideas and practices."
In the Book Review A Tour Through the ‘American Messiahs’ of Our Past the New York Times mentioned Theosohy too.
Also the Artist Luigi Pericle seems to had have a Theosophy-Connection, as we can read in tlmagazine.com
Short theosophy-related story at countrylife.co.uk from Sir Edwin Lutyens: Britain’s greatest architect?: "By 1908, Lutyens’s marriage had produced five children. It was about to be complicated, however, by Lady Emily’s introduction to Theosophy. Lutyens was sympathetic to this fashionable mystical movement, but its effect on his wife – who became a vegetarian, left his marriage bed and adulated the Brahmin Krishnamurti, its teenage figurehead – proved to be a strain on their relations."
Other articles that had a short Theosophy-reference in this quarter were Marianne Williamson Is a Lefty With Soul, Inside Brian Housden’s masterpiece of British modernism, Review: The Mighty Dead, The Bloody History of America’s Christian Identity Movement.
As usual at patheos.com: To lump HPB in with Aleister Crowley is, to use the moto of the Author, Monkey-minded.
Mr. Belwether parrots old lies, as he said, "Hitler and his cohorts used to a concept of Aryanism made popular by the Thule Society and Helena Blavatsky of the Theosophical Society to include 'superior' people and exclude others." in it's article about Islamic State pan-nationalism in economynext. Theosophy is the opposite of Aryanism!
At patheos.com a blogger mentioned Theosophy in a false knowledge about elementals during awnsering the question What Is A Fairy?. As if not already Platon wrotes about the Elements as a spiritual entity.
While, therefore, the INDIVIDUAL EGO, owing to its essence and nature, is immortal throughout eternity, with a form (rûpa), which prevails during the whole life cycles of the Fourth Round, its Sosie, or resemblance, the personal Ego, has to win its immortality.
European Federation of the TS Adyar
TS Adyar (US-Amerika)
TS Adyar Germany
News from Theosophical Societies
The ULT UK & USA publisehd a Robert Crosbie 100th anniversary edition of it's quarterly Newsletter, No. 7, Spring 2019.
You can read some articles from the 1st Quest Magazine this year by TS Adyar America (USA).
TS Adyar HQ sent some newsletter, 1st, For all earnest students of theosophy, sites of interest that came into being in resent years. Take a look:, second, From TS Adyar: Conventions, ATA, events and another one about Indo-Pacific Federation. The second one contains also a lot of information about the new Adyar Theosophical Academy (ATA), f.e. the ATA brochure or an article in The Hindu about ATA.
About the Adyar Events, f.e. the Indo-Pacific Conference 2019, wrote also the TS Adyar in the Philippines and the Indian Section of TS Adyar and also, of course, The Website of Indo-Pacific Federation of TS Adyar itself.
The Website/Account of The Theosophical Society (Adyar) China is suspended, does someone knows more?
Find the Newsletter of The TS (Pasadena) Australasian Sections Theosophy Downunder (June 2019), the TS (Adyar) in Australia Theosophy in Australia Quarterly and also the The Theosophical Movement Magazine by United Lodge of Theosophists (ULT) and the The Indian Theosophist Magazine by The TS Adyar Indian Section at the right sidebar wtihin the magazine-section .
The TOS International reports about it's work: Odisha, India TOS helping with repair efforts after Cyclon (pdf). And TOS USA publihes a new entry in it's president blog: pondering-miracles
The “Wisdom religion” is the inheritance of all the nations, the world over.
The TS (Pasadena) Australasian Section
publisher, -June 2019 (pdf)
United Lodge of Theosophists (ULT)
Articles from Theosophical sites
- Do Blavatsky's Books Need Rewriting?
- Theosophy on the New Age of Aquarius
- Revisiting The Master's Message to the Brahmins
- The Seven Primordial Human Groups
- The Subtleties of True Compassion
- Masters of Wisdom: Outwardly Mortal, Inwardly Immortal
- Three Statements About The Sun [by H. P. Blavatsky]
- Theosophical Light on The Ramayana
- Initiation in St. John's Gospel [by H. P. Blavatsky]
- The Emasculation of a Militant Movement [from "The Theosophical Movement 1875-1950"]
- The Book of Job: An Allegory of Initiation
- The Brotherhood of Luxor [by H. P. Blavatsky]
- Humanity's Relation To The Apes
- William Q. Judge - In The Words of Some Who Knew Him Best
Book of Dzyan Research
- ‘Dying To Be Me’: The Near-Death Experience of Anita Moorjani
- Pulsation of the Manifested God in Nature
- The Self-Awakened State, a Visceral Knowing
- The Occult Side of Nature: An Invisible Physical
- No Big Bang: A Kinder, Gentler Universe
- Mother’s Love, a Shoreless Universal Essence
- Darwin’s Black Box: Intelligent Design
- White Lotus Day: The Extraordinary Life and Influence of H. P. Blavatsky
- The Wonder of Life: The Great Inscrutable Mystery
- Kangaroo Care and The Healing Heart
- Laws of Karma and the Sin of Separateness
- Nature’s Human Magnets: the Electric Universe
- Easter: An Ancient Tradition To Celebrate Rebirth
- Life on Spaceship Earth and the Overview Effect
- Our Queen Sister, the Morning and Evening Star
- The Healing Power of Reincarnation and Karma
- The Pursuit of Consciousness and the Illusion of Time
- The Buddha Consciousness: A Triumph of the Human Spirit
- The Soul of Things: Spirit and Matter are One
- Riding the Waves of Karma: Past, Present and Future
- A New Humanity, One Universal Family
- Psychic or Noëtic: Choosing the Mind We Want
- Tales of Enlightenment: Buddha’s Dog, and Mahatma of the Himavat
- Blavatsky and the Iamblichus Revival
- Blavatsky and the Neoplatonic Revival
- Blavatsky & Philo of Alexandria
- Mini-Interviews Michiel Haas
- Notable Books 40
- Why do we serve?
- Good News from the Adyar Theosophical Academy (ATA)
- Historical photos from the Adyar Archives
- Absolute Consciousness
- P. C. Mukherji and Theosophical Archaeology – Part one
- Good News from the Theosophical Society in America
- Good News from the TOS - Beyond Suffering
- Good News from Mumbai
- Dumb Races
- From Here to There: Women and Their Spiritual Journey
- Focus – A simplicity manifesto in the Age of Distraction: Part 27
- Experiences of 'ultimate reality' or 'God' confer lasting benefits to mental health
- People with a sense of oneness experience greater life satisfaction
- Causes of Climate Change
- A Practical Guide to Death and Dying – part 5
- Good News from the European School of Theosophy
- Doshas of the Mind: Our Heart Nature
- The Stages of Spiritual Development
- Julian of Norwich
Montreal Theosophy Project
- Jacob Boehme on Spiritual Regeneration
- The Esoteric Meaning of the Crucifixion 2
- Reincarnation and Christianity
- Jane Addams on Universal Brotherhood/Sisterhood
- Theosophy Basics: The Siddhis
- Top Posts of 2018
- Theosophical Basics: Sacred Sound and Mantra
- Astrology: Summer Solstice, June 21, 2019
- The Maitri Upanishad on Taming the Mind
- Karma & Reincarnation: Wealth and Poverty
- SURPRISE SURPRISE – MASSIVE CHANGES IN INTERNATIONAL RULES
- AIMS OF THE NEW THEOSOPHICAL SCHOOL IN ADYAR ESTATE --- A LOOK AT IT --
- SAGA OF POOR ADYAR DAIRY COWS – REVISITED ---
- Marriage and living together
- WHY THEOSOPHY TODAY IS A LAUGHING STOCK
- ELECTION OF INTERNATIONAL PRESIDENT OF THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY
Why not say that the astral reflects the good as well as the bad man; man, who is ever tending to the upper triangle, or else disappears with the Quaternary.