Theosophy News Worldwide 2nd Quarter 2018
Dear friends of Theosophy,
first of all, register now for this free and none-commercial newsletter, so you get all of this information every quarter straight into your mailbox.
Do you know the Website archive.org? It's a kind of Internet Archive. There you can find f.e. within the "Waybackmachine" Snapshots from Websites years ago, f.e. a Snapshot from Google.com in 1998. And you can find within the archive beside video-, audio-, image- and software-files etc. also books, especially, which are no longer in print/copyright, see here as one example books from 1493! Interessting and usefull, isn't it?
Maybe this is what HPB described at the end of "Key to Theosophy" as she spoke of the future and "next impulse", as a "large and accessible literature ready to man's hand". I believe, that, what she predict here, was nothing more and nothing less as the Internet itself! But to get to the point and the best:
I stumpled during my research also about an entry named Helena Blavatsky - Ultimate Collection, sounds interesting and it lives up to its promise, because within this you can [LINKS ARE DOWN!] [LINKS ARE DOWN!]download the whole Collected Writings of H.P.B (and all his major books) for free as PDF's (85 MB) or if you want, also in TXT-Format (30 MB), wow, what an extraordinary and epic gift :) [LINKS ARE DOWN!]
I hope you'll spread this message and share it within your network, to spread Blavatsky's Theosophy also digital in its complete beauty.
And what's new? I compiled as every quarter a comprehensive list of news from Theosophical Societies, Articles from Theosophical Websites and a Press-Review, to get an idea, what was written about Thoesophy outside the Movement. And we have -- beside (on the right sidebar) Events, Magazines and Books (Silvia Cranstons HPB Bio also for free Download as well!!) -- again a Topic of the Quarter, the "mopping-up operation" of TS Adyar.
And now I wish you an interesting reading and a peaceful summer. With kind regards from Germany
Editor of Theosophy World News
Topic of the quarter
TS Adyar Cleanup
First an addendum related to the last Topic of the months, the Adyar Insights. There was a personal (Mr. Kind, Chief-Editor of Theosophy Forward) and an semi-official (GC Members to its TS members) reaction from TS Adyar and here now is the "reaction of the reaction" from Mr. Ramadoss, see here To set record straight and a letter to sections members.
The newest development after
- 04/2017: Mass Kicking out members from Theosophical Society (incl. Mr. Ramadoss), still a law suit in india
- 01/2018: S. Ramu, about it's cancellation of his membership and life membership in the TS and here
- 02/2018: News, Kicking out Janet Lee, (part in the annual meetings of ITC and National Council meeting of TS England) or here a summary, here an impression of Janet
- and other known and unknown cases, all of this with no official information from the TS, cause thoughts about the Why? etc.
Now Mr. Leslie Price from London, another skeptical member oft TS Adyar (England) is under fire, as you can read here:
- Prestigious Blavatsky Lecture by Leslie Price stopped by TSE or
- TS Adyar (UK) changed the passwords on my theosoc. account without notice etc.
It looks - not only to me - like a concerted action. Also I got an e-mail two months ago, "a request of moderation" to stopp such "baseless allegations" and the support on social media decreased after I replied, that I only mirror trends, news etc. However,
So this are some examples, what happened to you (as a member of TS Adyar) if you criticize (well grounded or not) the TS Adyar (head) or if you try to restore transparency. You are kicked out! Criticism seems to be not allowed, transparency unwanted.
And if you (still) criticizing, means in the eyes of TS (in proxy of Mr Kind, but not an official statement of TS Adyar) then you
"acting foolishly... in flagrant contradiction with our first object... acting against its spirit". This "very small minority in the TS ... infect the TS (as a) corpus" like "an infected mosquito". (Source here is the current editorial of Mr. Kind, have a look here under the section "About issues in the TS".
And what's the best to do with an infected mosquito? Yes, you are right.
To dehumanize "awkward" (means skeptical) people is always a necessary step bevor you can "kill" them with consent of the mass (killing means here kill the membership), especially, if they are respected. There are many historic examples for such behavior with fatal consequneces. *1)
And the mass, the "remaining 99.8% of healthy, optimistic and constructive members" are welcome, if they act like the leader(s) expect and if they do not criticize... welcome into the brave new world???
No. Thats no ideal, so let me say this:
- Criticism, if constructive and factual (and thats here often not the case), is a good and important thing, because it helps to improve.
- Those, who discredit people instead of using factual arguments and deny a discussion a priori, are always wrong, because this only shows that they have something to hide, to be at fault or fear to loose the discussion for other reasons.
- Not those, who spread inconvenient facts are guilty, but those, who cause this facts. On the other hand, also here a presumption of innocence is undenieable (facts or fake).
- If you acting intransparent and in secrecy and don't react to any upcoming questions (of members, and there are many questions out there), you don't have to wonder, that people speculate and getting more and more skeptical and dissapointed
Now, evident at least for me without an official statement, the decission was, to clean up TS Adyar of the "awkward" people to solve the problem.
This is indeed a solution, but (from my point of view) not the right or best (if not the worsest) one and what this states in regard to the spirit of (the head of) TS Adyar, I leave up to the readers.
*1) For a correct understanding: I don't want to insinuate that Mr. Kind want to kill anybody or any membership etc. And for sure, his comparsions with "infected mosquitos" was not intented in this way, as my statement may suggest. He is a respected and commendable member of the Theosophical Movement. But even if we are very angry, such dehumanizing statements are not an option. I think for myself in such situation: Steven, don't get upset about humans. We are all imperfect. You're angry Steven? This is your (deseverd, plenty imperfect) karma, not theirs, think about it. So, Mr Kind, if you read this: Sorry for fingerpointing again. I don't know you personally yet. I believe you doing a great job, maybe sometimes a bit to "enthusiastic", but as I said, who is perfect? It's (and has to be) not against a person, it's (should be always) about a matter - based on facts, opinions, believes etc.
The TS (Pasadena) Australasian Section
publisher, June (pdf)
United Lodge of Theosophists (ULT)
The TS Adyar Indian Section
News from Theosophical Societies
The TS (Pasadena) Australasian Section has published its latest Newsletter-Issue with many News from TS Pasadena worldwide and a lot more, read here the June-Issue (pdf).
Have a look at the latest TS Adyar (HQ) newsletter issues. You can read A Summary of the General Council Planning Meeting, ITC Naarden, the Netherlands f.e. about the "Harmonizing core teachings"-programm and once more an introducing of the Theosophy World Ressource Center. Tim Boyd also has published a new president's video-update, that you can watch here.
TS (Adyar) Canada published a short blog-post on its new website about membership and recruiting more members .
The TS (Adyar) in Australia has published the Campbell Library Newsletter and the latest June-issue of Theosophy in Australia Magazine (pdf).
Theosophical Order of Service (TOS) international published its latest newsletter see here. TOS USA publishes some news, Update on TOS February Board Meeting, Summer National Convention 2018 and For the Love of Life goes Online.
The ULT London's Spring Issue of its Newsletter was published.
In the Magazine section (right sidebar) you can also find some more theosophical magazines.
The “Wisdom religion” is the inheritance of all the nations, the world over.
Articles from Theosophical sites
Book of Dzyan Research
- The Signature of Koot Hoomi in Mahatma Letter IV
- The Orthography and Pronunciation of “Koot Hoomi”
- The Uttara-tantra: The Sublime Continuum?
- Blavatsky, Modern Art & Lawren Harris
- Blavatsky & Alternative Science
- Blavatsky, Sri Lanka & India
- Blavatsky - Responses to recent racism allegations
- Blavatsky, the Occult & Racism
- Blavatsky Book Review: Peter Staudenmaier Between Occultism and Nazism
- Blavatsky Book Review: Eric Kurlander, Hitler’s Monsters: A Supernatural History of the Third Reich
- Blavatsky & The Morning of the Magicans (Pauwels/Bergier)
- Blavastky & New Age Spirituality
- Blavatsky Biographical 2
- Implementing the Ageless Wisdom
- Editorial - This is Theosophy Forward
- Concentric Circles: Why I Support ITC (International Theosophy Conferences)
- Anecdotes about Mathematicians, Logicians and Scientists 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Mini–interviews John O. Boakye
- Mini–interviews Birgitta Skärbo
- Mini–interviews Andrea Biasca-Caroni
- Mini-Interviews Gastón Santana
- Mini-Interviews Ria Pati
- The Divine Seed
- Esoteric Buddhism
- Japanese Buddhism
- Notable Books 36
- Regeneration: Personal and Spiritual
- Good News from the TOS
- Good News from Zeeland – the Netherlands
- Good News from Ukraine
- Good News from the European School of Theosophy
- Good news from Portugal
Montreal Theosophy Project
- Astrology: Summer Solstice - June 21 2018
- Through the Gates of Gold Chapter 4 The Meaning of Pain, Part 2b
- Through the Gates of Gold Chapter 4 The Meaning of Pain, Part 2a
- Sufism: Ibn Arabi - What the Seeker Needs 1
- Collective Aspects of Karma and Reincarnation
- Giuseppe Mazzini on Universal Brother/Sisterhood
- Through the Gates of Gold Chapter 4 The Meaning of Pain, Part 1
- Theosophy Basics: Ethical Principles
- Top Posts of 2016
- Meditation: The Four Brahma Viharas
- Through the Gates of Gold - Chapter 3 – The Initial Effort - Part 3
- Through the Gates of Gold, Chapter 3: The Initial Effort - Part 2
- Our Astral Sight, Piercing the Reality of Illusion
- Seeing the Past, Present and Future Now
- Synesthesia: The Boy with the Incredible Brain
- Life, Light and the Pursuit of Consciousness
- Easter Equinox: Secrets of the Christ Sun
- Karma and Reincarnation: The Logic of What Must Be
- The Dance of Shiva, the Soul Traveler
- Opening the Spiritual Eye: Piercing the Illusion of Reality
- A Mother’s Love, The Law of Life
- An Independent Race of Thinkers: How Microbes Defend and Define Us
- Beyond Death: Spiritual Holy Love is Immortal
- The Extraordinary Life and Influence of H. P. Blavatsky
- The Mysteries of Reincarnation – A Hidden World
- Our Hidden Karma and The Royal Talisman
- “Our Destiny is Written in the Stars”
- Our Heart’s Field Effect: Spiritual, Psychic and Physical
- Nature’s Law: Order in the Seemingly Blindest Forces
- Unlocking the Mystery of Life: God’s Invisible Hand
Press outside the movement about Theosophy
There is an exhibition named Revisiting Visionary Utopia: Katherine Tingley’s Lomaland - Theosophy in Contemplative Community, Education and the Arts in San Diego.
An interesting article of The Besant Lodge in Los Angeles and its incumbent President Stephan Hoeller we can read on newslinemagazine.com.
In the sundaytimes.lk a reader wrote a letter to the editor named Bhante Dhammika has little knowledge of the history of the Theosophical Society (here the original article, the reader relate to).
On feminisminindia.com an article about Annie Besant And Her Dauntless Legacy Of Resistance was published.
Annie Besant is on of The greatest Leaders of All Time, as the Industry Leaders Magazine writes.
The Story Of Sri Aurobindo And Integral Yoga is connected to Theosophy, The Mother And The Revolutionary on swarajyamag.com.
Guggenheim Presents First Hilma af Klint Solo Exhibition in United States from Oct. 12, 2018, to Jan. 27, 2019.
Ted Shawn and his wife, Ruth St. Denis, often considered a mother and a father of modern dance in America, were Theosophy-inspirated, as we ca learn from the article Treasures from Jacob's Pillow' to be exhibited at Williams College on masslive.com, also roadwayworld.com reported
There is in the article Big Sky, Big Dreams, Big Art about Waldemar Januszczak, a British art critic and television documentary producer, also a paragraph about Theosophy.
Agnes Pelton was a modernist painter from United States and also Theosophy-inspirated, as we can read in the article Agnes Pelton: The Familiar Sublime published on The Brooklyn Rail.
In The Guardian you can read an article Helen Macdonald on Camberley, Surrey: ‘No place has so indelibly shaped my writing life’ from and about Helen McDonald, whose live is partly Theosophy-related.
In the article Thoughts on 'Spirit Matters' and student success Jeff Franklin, associate vice chancellor for undergraduate experiences a Universitiy of Colorado, Denver, mentioned Theosophy.
Birders flock to Ojai to catch a glimpse of elusive birds on the parking lot of the Krotona Institute of Theosophy in Ojai, as eu.vcstar.com reported.
Was there an "emotional flirtation" of Jawaharlal Nehruwith, first Prime Minister of India, with Theosophy, as you can read in the article A portrait that got Jawaharlal Nehru wrong on livemint.com
Charlotte Despard, president of the Women’s Freedom League (WFL), was connected to Theosophy, if we believe femalefirst.co.uk in the article 10 Iconic Suffragettes.
The Weekly Crossword on The New Yorker asked in no. 38: Like the highest part of the physical plane, in theosophy.
In the article Infinity War: On the Road to Knowhere about the Movie Infinity War, Theosophy is mentioned.
Ken Luber seems also to be an Theosophy-inspirated Artist, as we can learn in the article Hot ticket ‘Heaven on the Loose,’ a comedy by Ken Luber
Asian Review asked Sri Lanka weighs colonial ballast: Is it better to preserve and build on historical legacy or destroy it? and also H.P.B. and Olcott is mentioned there.
The Vice spread the stupid lie, that Nazi-Ideology was a "Developement of Theosophy" (abuse would be more correct).
On more example of many, here the stupidness of Chuck Foster, testified in his article Seven Stages to Achieve Eternal Bliss by Passing through the Gateway Chosen by the Holy Storsh, who think, Theosophy is the same to Massmurder Manson or Scientology.
ScrollIn's shows terrible bad journalism told us, that Blavatskys stories are proofed as untrue, the contrary is correct and the false allegations (f.e. from SPR) are revoked for decades now.
To be true, religion and philosophy must offer the solution of every problem. That the world is in such a bad condition morally is a conclusive evidence that none of its religions and philosophies--those of the civilized races less than any other--have ever possessed the TRUTH. The right and logical explanations on the subject of the problems of the great dual principles, right and wrong, good and evil, liberty and despotism, pain and pleasure, egotism and altruism, are as impossible to them now as they were 1880 years ago. They are as far from the solution as they ever were, but. . . . "To these there must be somewhere a consistent solution, and if our doctrines will show their competence to offer it, then the world will be the first one to confess, that ours must be the true philosophy, the true religion, the true light, which gives truth and nothing but the TRUTH. . . .
European School of Theosophy (EuST, Adyar)
TS in Germany e.V.
TOS (TS Adyar)
It is for the latter [the personalities] to cling to it; and thus partaking of its [Monads] divine nature, obtain immortality.
Letter to the editor
Navin via Mail
Dear Steven, Thanks for this 17th issue of Theosophy World News. I admire your passion for doing all this hard work in compiling all the Theosophy World News. KInd regards.
Ebrony via Mail
I have read your concerns about the lacking “practical occultism“ in lives of those calling themselves Theosophists, maybe not Theosophists but members of The Theosophical movement..remember HPB said, anyone wishing “to aim high, to work perseveringly, can join The Theosophical Society, but it rests with a member, to become a Theosophist”.
The Theosophical Society provides profound information, knowledge and divine wisdom, Truth, for free minded, spiritually inclined, really and willing people, to freely study without imposing authority, bias or prejudice, without superstition and dogma. This perennial spiritual knowledge and wisdom, itself inspires self-realization according to our measure of understanding. This understanding brings about change, the desired change you would like to see in each one us. It’s unfortunate, if we Theosophists are not representing Theosophy properly, in a respectable manner.
Although it would be good to see numbers of Theosophists who are morally upright, truth and ethical, it is difficult to attain this goal as group... yes we can, but individually. Everyone is doing their best...