Theosophy News Worldwide 2nd Quarter 2017
Dear friends of Theosophy,
this issue is a shorter one, fore some reasons. First, there is unfortunately no press review from outside the movement, because of technical problems (but the next issue will include such press-review again).
Second, there is no topic of the month, but I will use this space to ask you an important question. Let me in this connection also underline, that controversial articles, that were or will be published here, reflect not my opinion or indeed necessarily 'the truth'. I only bother to serve a wide range of opinion and I think it is not within the meaning of freedom of opinion etc. to prevent for whomsoever uncomfortable articles.
We all more or less commemorated Mde. Blavatsky on 8th of May, the so called 'Wihte Lotus Day' and for that reason I want to share with you an Artwork of HBP from the picture taken 1877 in New York. I retouched her left hand, a bit the face and hair, colorized the whole picture a bit an added a suitable background.
The Picture has no claims/copyright (also the background) so use it for your own purpose for whatever you want without to mention me. I think she looks beautiful. It's a kind of an idealistic appearance, maybe as she will look like during a discussion with us in Devachan :) or at least an idea of that > Download Picture (0,8 MB)
Beside the new articles from theosophical sites, I added a lot of international event-dates on the right sidebar (mobile below) and also a lot of new magazines, witch often contains many news, that are not mentioned in this newsletter and also for other reasons this magazines are worth to read.
And now I wish you an interesting reading and a peaceful summer.
With kind regards from Germany
Editor of Theosophy World News
Topic of the quarter
To be or not to be, that is the question
I'm asking here within this newsletter (see the poll in the right sidebar) all readers of Theosophy World News the following Question:
Do you think you are an immortal being, even if you live a bad, materialistic and non-virtuous life?
Related to this poll, more than 80% think so and that means they think, equal what they do in their live, they are immortal beings.
I'm shocked! This is nothing else as the teaching of satisfaction theory of atonement, means, Jesus Christ suffered crucifixion as a substitute for human sin and therefore everybody who confess to Jesus will go to heaven, because his sins are forgiven.
H.P. Blavatsky highly admonished this false dogma based in the Catholic Church not only because of its disastrous moral effects (see f.e. Isis Unveiled, Vol. I, p. 284 f.):
Had the latter dogma, in company with the false idea that we are all immortal, been demonstrated to the world in its true light, humanity would have been bettered by its propagation...
So something is quite wrong here, isn't it? Especially if you understand as the main goal of Theosophy the moral revolution of the Occident, if it is explained in the article 'The Theosophical Society: Its Mission and its Future' by HPB:
The Society was founded to become the Brotherhood of Humanity... [and] putting in the foreground... the moral revolution, of which our old world stands in such need... If the TS succeeds in refuting this pretended law ofd the struggle of life... it will have done in our day a miracle greater then those of Sakyamuni and of Jesus... And this miracle the TS will perform...
and also if you know what Theosophy has to do and what a true Theosophist is:
Ethics are the soul of the Wisdom-Religion... Theosophy has to inculcate ethics... a true Theosophist must put in practice the loftiest moral ideal. (H.P. Blavatsky in 'The Key to Theosophy')
So my conclusion is, based f.e. on Quotes like this from Mahatma KH:
And it is clear, that 'this teaching is not in opposition to our former doctrine' and that while 'shells will be many, - Spirits very few. (Letters to A.P. Sinnett, Letter No. 20 c)
that we are of course not a priori immortal beings (it depends on our lives) and that those who teach or think the opposite, are in my opinion not on the right path of Theosophy. And so we don't have to wonder about the fact, that it seems, that Theosophy slowly but surely passes by, when we are not doing, what we should do.
Please write me what do you think about this (could be published in the next issue).
TOS (TS Adyar)
TS Adyar - UK
TS Adyar - German Section
EFTS - European Federation of the TS Adyar
International Theosophy Conference Adyar
News from Theosophical Societies
A new edition of The Voice of the Silence is being published on 8th May 2017, in the Voice’s 128th year, by ULT, also available as PDF download.
Tim Boyd from TS Adyar in America published a new entry in his President's Diary, have a look here, the March Issue is also the last Issue from him as a President of TS Adyar in Amierca, because he will focus his time only for the Presidentship of TS Adyar.
TS Adya Indian Section published its e-newsletter issue May 2017 as PDF.
You can read the new issue (with many news not only from downunder) of Theosophy Downunder June 2017 from the TS Pasadena Australasian Section (many thanks for the recommendation of this non-commercial newsletter within the news-section in the current Issue). Dr Don Shepherd has recently completed a series of 4 major articles in this magazine, where he attempts to examine the evidence from theosophical literature related to the Buddhic Cycles.
TOS Uganda launched in April as TOS (international) reported on its Website. TOS (USA) published a news about Earth Day 2017 and also a new blog entry of the president Ananya Sri Ram Rajan about Changes on the Horizon .
The 2nd International Gathering of Young Theosophists (TS Adyar) tooks place in Brasilia in February but I don't found information about that yet.
I.S.I.S Foundation published some Videos from its Symposium 2017: Compassion and Wisdom – Keys to a harmonious and healthy world taht tooks place on May 20, 2017.
While, therefore, the INDIVIDUAL EGO, owing to its essence and nature, is immortal throughout eternity, with a form (rûpa), which prevails during the whole life cycles of the Fourth Round, its Sosie, or resemblance, the personal Ego, has to win its immortality.
Articles from Theosophical sites
Theos Talk @ Yahoo
- Current Critical Condition of Theosophical Movement
- TS PRESIDENT – SOME QUERIES
- OFFICE OF THE TS PRESIDENT – SOME QUERIES
- TS & THE LAW - SOME PREAMBLES
- GENERAL COUNCIL OF THE TS - SOME QUERIES.
- MEMBERSHIP IN TS - SOME QUERIES
Blavatsky News 2.0
- Blavatsky and Explorers, Adventurers and Travellers: The Lost City of Z movie
- Blavatsky audio-visual: Documentaries, podcasts, radio shows, video lectures
- Blavatsky and Russia
- Blavatsky Letter to J. Ralston Skinner
- Blavatsky and Buddhism
- Blavatsky and the Theosophical Movement 2
- Blavatsky and the Theosophical Movement I
- The Real Easter: A Goddess and The Christ Sun
- Future Science: Discovering the Soul of Things
- The Karma of Intention, a Force in Nature
- The Perpetual Motion of the Universe
- Compassion Absolute, or Sin of Separateness?
- H. P. Blavatsky: Her Extraordinary Life and Influence
- Dreaming is a Crucial Mental State
- Evidence of an Afterlife, the Science of Near-Death Experiences
- No Form Can Exist Without Love
- Everything is Conscious: We Are All One Being
- How the Soul of Leopard Diabolo became Spirit
- Now is the Only Time We Have
- Wings to Fly, a Mother’s Love
- Editorial – How nice can you be?
- Leslie Price interviews Jan Nicolaas Kind editor of Theosophy Forward
- Mini-Interviews: Otavio Ernesto Marchesini, Tim Wyatt, David Sztain, Deepa Padh, Pradeep H. Gohil, Paul Benedict, Mikael Isberg
- The First Object of the Theosophical Society
- Geoffrey Farthing – A Tribute
- Articles by Geoffrey Farthing: As One Grows Older , The Uniqueness of Theosophy , To Promote Further The Unity Of The Movement , An Outline Of The Ancient Wisdom – The Ancient Wisdom Tradition
- Theosophy and Christian Thought
- Imagination, Inspiration & Intuition
- The Stages of Spiritual Development
- The Challenge of Theosophy
- Human Regeneration – part fifteen
- The Dark Side of Light
- Theosophy, the Remedy for a Sick World
- Notable Books 32
- Understanding Nature
- UN pressure grows on Myanmar human rights conditions
- The human sense of smell: It's stronger than we think
- Focus – A simplicity manifesto in the Age of Distraction: Part 19
Book of Dzyan Research
The TS (Pasadena) Australasian Section
publisher, June (pdf)
The TS Adyar Indian Section
United Lodge of Theosophists (ULT)
The fact of his [the Ego] being reborn at all, shows the preponderance of good over evil in his old personality [...] Hence [because the Law of Retribution is the only law that never errs] all those who have not slipped down into the mire of unredeemable sin and bestiality — go to the Deva Chan.
However superhuman the efforts of the early Christian fathers to obliterate the Secret Doctrine from the very memory of man, they all failed. Truth can never be killed ; hence the failure to sweep away entirely from the face of the earth every vestige of that ancient Wisdom, and to shackle and gag every witness who testified to it.
Letter to the editor
Via e-mail from Ramanujachary N.
A very good compilation from various sources.
Via e-mail from Andrew R.
Hi Steven and greetings from Melbourne Australia. Thanks very much for sending us the quarterly bulletin of activity throughout the theosophical movement. Very interesting to catch up with other groups, who often, for what ever reason, are not in contact with one another. Also thanks for listing Theosophy Downunder which I hope you enjoy reading every quarter. Cheers for now,