Theosophy News Worldwide 1st Quarter 2019
Dear friends of Theosophy,
the 21th Issue of "Thesosophy World News" includes again many references to articles and news about theosophical point of views. If You know websites I don't incorporate so far, then send me a hint.
If you still not receive this helpful newsletter straight into your mailbox, then subscribe now this free, non-commercial quarterly thesophical review. And if you want to help this project, then you can spread it, f.e. forward it to your friends or post/share it into you social media network to increase our coverage, here is the link: www.soehne-des-feuers.de/international-theosophy-news
And now I wish you an interesting reading and a peaceful spring. With kind regards from Germany
Editor of Theosophy World News
Press outside the movement about Theosophy
The Garden Island published an article about Kauai-born Theosophist Augustus Francis Knudsen who met Olcott, Blavatsky and Besant personally.
One of youthkiawaaz.com's opinions is More Indians Need To Know About Jiddu Krishnamurti. Another article about Krishnamurti and Krishnamurti Foundation of America you can read at religionnews.com
Katherine Tingley is mentioned in an article named History Happenings: March 18, 2019 at newburyportnews.com
Point Loma’s largest Italian Renaissance mansion has a Lomaland-Connection, as the San Diego Reader reported
Bowdoin draws a portrait of Professor Fritz Koelln, a Theosophy.- and Antroposphy-inspired known teacher.
H.P. Blavatsky was nominated for The Bronx’s Hall Of Fame For Great Americans if we believe the AV-Club
In Gandhi and his India The Daily Pioneer mentioned also Theosophy.
The Art Newspaper reports Agnes Pelton was a visionary but little-known Theosophy-inspirated painter, you can see at Phoenix Art Museum, Phoenix, 9 March–8 September, as also Antiques and the arts reported.
The Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra's current program features works — Alexander Scriabin's “Poem of Ecstasy," or fourth symphony, and Gustav Holst's “The Planets” — that have their philosophical underpinnings in the spiritual worlds of theosophy and astrology, means Buffalo News
The Nation asked Where Does Art Belong? and within also Theosopy plays a role. About Klimt and the current Klimt exhibition in New York (we reported in our last issue) also Swarthmore College The Phoenix Online, San Diego Jewish World, The New Republic, The Brooklyn Rail, Artlyst, Highbrowmagazine and Foxlife reported. And the The Vassar College Newspaper means that Klint exhibit discredits patriarchal view of abstractionism
Brooklyn Rails connects the famous painter Mucha to Theosophy and Occultism.
In Elmwood School’s production of The Light Burns Blue also H.P. Blavatsky plays an major role, as Ottawa Citizen reported
And an article about the poet T.S. Eliot mentioned H.P. Blavatsky too.
One of the favorite books of Einstein was Isis Unveiled from HPB, as weforum.org says.
Patheos.com talks about artificial servitor spirit in regard to “Tulpamancy” and therfore also Balavtsky and Theosophy were mentioned, like also in an article about Irish-American Witchcraft: Fairies, Gender Identity, and Sexuality.
An article at Den of Geek about Kindred Spirits mentioned Blavatsky and Theosophy.
The Indian city Chennai is called the seat of Theosophy in an article at The Hindu.
Quarz India anwsers the question where India’s freedom fighters lived in London and thereby mentioned Theosophy in regard to Gandhi.
Other articles that mentioned Blavatsky or Theosophy by the way are Greenery, genocide AND next generation, Doctor Strange and the Racial History of a Marvel Icon, A YEAR IN MUSIC: 1891, music hall’s boom-de-ay heyday, ‘Trust Your Angels’: Lessons I Learned From a Very Old Artist, On the border, Pagan Community Notes: Reported “Wiccan” accused of human trafficking, COMISS Network, and more!, Get Spooky: Lindsay Bowyer weaves art and the occult
Once more The New American spreads the stupid lie, that Theosophy inspired the (Top-)Nazis in Germany. Theosophy was forbidden during Nazi-Time in Germany! Hitler was no Pagan or Occultist, he was and is (never excommunicated) a "brave" catholic and his hate f.e. against jews is in "tradition" with f.e. Luther and the whole Curch, but for sure not to find in Theosophy.
Cause of the New Age exhibition in Bat Yam The Jerusalem Post mentioned Balavtsky
The article Training Wheels: The Chakras in The Reader is also about Blavatsky and more, Leadbeater
And in The Real United Nations Alice Bailey and therefore Theosophy is a topic for Canada Free Press.
While, therefore, the INDIVIDUAL EGO, owing to its essence and nature, is immortal throughout eternity, with a form (rûpa), which prevails during the whole life cycles of the Fourth Round, its Sosie, or resemblance, the personal Ego, has to win its immortality.
European Federation of the TS Adyar
TS Adyar (US-Amerika)
TS Adyar Germany
News from Theosophical Societies
The Indian Section of the TS Adyar published its Revised Annual Dues for 2017
TS Adyar New Zealand announced the release of the new Geoffrey Hodson book: An Introduction to The Initiate Life and publishes also some video recording of some of the presentations at a Convention in January 2019
TS Adyar Australia invites to spend quality time with the international president as he tours australia
TOS published A Tribute to John C. Kern May 22,1925 –Jan. 20, 2019 Great man, great soul, great server PDF) and information bout the Adyar Theosophical Academy: Starting in June of this year, the Theosophical Society in Adyar will open the Adyar Theosophical Academy (ATA). The latest newsletter of TS Adyar you can read here
For all the new (free) magazines of TS's have a look at the Magazines-Section at the right sidebar.
The “Wisdom religion” is the inheritance of all the nations, the world over.
The TS (Pasadena) Australasian Section
publisher, March 2019 (pdf)
The Aquarian Theosophist
United Lodge of Theosophists (ULT)
Articles from Theosophical sites
- Reincarnation: How Rebirth Works
- Evidence of an Immortal Mind in Man and Nature
- Spiritual Seeing into a Hidden Reality
- The Mystery of Consciousness and the Soul of Things
- Life Atoms — the Mysteries of Mind, Matter and Energy
- Space is Not Empty: The Invisible Omnipresent, Omnipotent Proteus
- New map of the night sky reveals 300,000 ‘hidden’ galaxies
- Dream Prophecy, Precognition and Telepathy
- Just Being Yourself: Proof of Reincarnation
- A Law of Nature: Everyone is Psychic
- Wings of the Soul: the Light and Spirit of Divinity
- Where Are We Going? -The Law of Love Eternal
- Getting Back the Memory of Past Lives – How Rebirth Works
- Occult America: The Sacred Tribe of Heroes
- A Kinder, Gentler Universe
- The Soul of Things: Connecting Science and Spirituality
- The Conscious Earth: We Are All One Being
- Blavatsky Letter to Wilder from India 2/2
- Blavatsky Letter to Wilder from India 1/2
- Wilder’s footnotes to Blavatsky Indian Letter
- The FIRST issue of 2019 will come out in April and not in March. In April we celebrate that THEOSOPHY FORWARD is 10 YEARS ON THE ROAD. The first issue ever, was published in April 2009./
Montreal Theosophy Project
- Theosophy Basics: Principles of Action and Work
- Charles Taylor - The Challenge of Regressive Democracy
- Through the Gates of Gold, Chap. 5 The Secret of Strength, p.2b
- Muslim, Jewish, Sikh Dialogue on Fanaticism
- William Q. Judge on Reincarnation and Human Relations
- Through the Gates of Gold: Part 5: The Secret of Strength 3a
- The Six Buddhist Perfections (Paramitas) in Christianity
- The Esoteric Meaning of the Crucifixion
- Astrology: Spring Equinox - Wednesday, March 20 2019
- Anna Kingsford on the Divine Feminine
- Through the Gates of Gold, Part 5: The Secret of Strength 3b
- Who Was Saint Germain?
- The Seven Sub-Races
- "Brother of the Third Degree" - A Review
- Personal and Impersonal Bhakti
- Assimilation to The Masters
- Alice Leighton Cleather and William Q. Judge
- Mimicry and Camouflage: Is it Natural Selection? [by H. P. Blavatsky]
- We Are All "Karmic Agents" [by William Q. Judge]
- The REAL Esoteric Buddhism
- Buddha Teaches There IS An Atman [from the Mahaparinirvana Sutra]
- Helpful Messages of Inspiration [by William Q. Judge]
- Krishnamurti and Theosophy
- Understanding The Stanzas of Dzyan
- Theosophy on The Cavemen
- What Happened In The 1975-2000 Cycle?
Book of Dzyan Research
- SURPRISE – MASSIVE CHANGES IN INTERNATIONAL RULES –
- GEOFFREY HODSON SPINNING IN HIS GRAVE
- WELL KNOWN THEOSOPHIST APPOINTED TO THE MEDIATION COMMITTEE IN INDIA
- NEGLECT OF OLCOTT CHARITY SCHOOL- WHAT YOU CAN DO ---
- FUTURE OF THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY – ADYAR ---
- WHY TS IS NOT ATTRACTING ATTENTION OF THE WORLD --- A VIEW
- ADYAR DAY --- February 17th ---
- SIGNIFICANCE OF MISSING INVOCATION TO INNER FOUNDERS
- SELFISHNESS OF THEOSOPHICAL LEADERS
- MONEY DRIVEN PRIORITIES OF CURRENT DAY THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY
- OCCULT MESSAGE TO THE COMMON MAN
- SECRETLY KICKING OUT A MEMBER FROM INDIAN SECTION
- KARMIC CONSEQUENCES – AN EXPLORATION
- DOES ELECTED LEADERS OF TS CARE FOR ITS MEMBERS?
- HOW INTERNET HAS TERRIFIED THEOSOPHICAL LEADERSHIP
- DOES ANYONE AT ADYAR ANYMORE CARE FOR THE INNER FOUNDERS
Why not say that the astral reflects the good as well as the bad man; man, who is ever tending to the upper triangle, or else disappears with the Quaternary.
Letter to the editor
Thank you so much for this important work for all theosophist
Carlos C. A. via Mail
Thank you. Excellent. Shared in various places.
Eric via Mail
Just got you new "Theosophy World News" from FB site, nice work! What immediately stood out was the personal pronoun "I" just published... I (we) hope you get some help in future!
Anyway, I just retired from my mundane profession and will be pursuing my Kundalini Laser hypothesis as rudimentarily outlined here. I just applied to membership at ITC and may go to this Summer's convention in the US (if we still exist and idiot president hasn't had a global tantrum). I chose "Idea for Project" because it easily translates... and I would like to follow up on my research by working with a hyperbaric chamber; that was what the Great Pyramid was was made for!
Thanks and Good Luck!