Theosophy News Worldwide 1st Quarter 2018
Dear friends of Theosophy,
some spectecular insights from TS Adyar are all over town, f.e., that Tim Boyds Presidentship ended after three years automatcically and his further activities are ilegal, because of the "Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act 1975 that limits the term of the office bearers to three years with unlimited re-election". Seriously? Have a look at the topic of the quarter, there you will find further information, because I'm not to deep in it.
The biggest impact outside the movement in this quarter in a positive way beside many other storys, I think, was first, the donation of € 300.000 of the famous author Dan Brown (The Da Vinci Code) to the Ritman Library to digitize thousands of (quote) "pre-1900 texts on alchemy, astrology, magic, and theosophy” and second, as far as I can see, that two works of the Theosophy-inspirated artist Mildred Thompson were acquired by National Museum of Women in the Arts as, f.e., the New York Times reported (see the press review section for more).
But also much dirt was thrown again against Theosophy. Our "admires" resuscitate the old story of Theosohy as the "spiritual" foundation of Nazi-Germany-Ideology since a few months with much effort and good success, because no one (TS) become active against such horrible big lies (in contrary to the suggestions of HPB). And so we lose all together as the Theosophical Movement more and more popularity, as I exlpained in the last issue of this newsletter - the killing sound of silence. See for the new negative spin offs in this case the press review section within the topic false allegations (at the bottom).
Like every issue - beside all the news from the Theosophical Societes and related organisations worldwide, as only one example of many, the new FOTA-newsletter - you can find of course within the section News from theosophical Websites many new articles from such websites, f.e. BlavatskyTheosophy.com is back again after a longer break with some articles in relation to sexuality and transgender from a personal theosophical point of view.
And now I wish you an interesting reading and a peaceful spring. With kind regards from Germany
Editor of Theosophy World News
Topic of the quarter
TS ADYAR INSIGHTS
This Insides are as so often from Theos Talk Yahoo Mailinging List: Get here a quick summary of the TS Adyar insights this quarter, for a deeper study see the following (its only a selection of much more message within the channel):
- About the fact, that the TS Adyar has at the moment no president, because of "Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act 1975 limits the term of the office bearers to three years with unlimited re-election" see here or here
- For the Damodar Garden Case see more here or here
- An issue regarding to the Adyar Renovation Fund, also here
- And an update from S. Ramu, about it's cancellation of his membership and life membership in the TS and here
- Last but not least an info about HPB Exhibition in Lisbon in May 2018
The TS Adyar Indian Section
United Lodge of Theosophists (ULT)
The Aquarian Theosophist
News from Theosophical Societies
TS Adyar (HQ) send a newsletter in which you can find the latest news about the Adyar Renovation Project, see here.
The second issue of the ULT quarterly Newsletter was published. You can download and read it here (PDF).
The TS (Pasadena) Australasian Section has published its latest Newsletter-Issue with many News from TS Pasadena worldwide and a lot more, read here the March-Issue (pdf).
The TS in Australia has published the latest March-issue of Theosophy in Australia Magazine (pdf).
TS (Adyar) in New Zealand published some new videos from its latest National Convent.
Theosophical Order of Service (TOS) announced a new director of TOS Canada, see here
TOS USA published some news, in the presidents blog section Spiritual Midwifery and some news Kern Matching Grant and Meet Our Latest Scholarship Recipient: Joanne Thompson
TS Adyar (HQ) send a newsletter Singapore calling to gain attention for the 11th World Congress in August in Singapore.
The TS Adyar Indian Section published three new issues of The Indian Theosophist Magazine.
United Lodge of Theosophists (ULT) published new issues of The Theosophical Movement Magazine. ULT Volunteers have been working to reproduce H P Blavatsky’s "Theosophical Articles" in electronic format, the first volume of three is here in a free PDF, have a look here
Nevertheless, personal immortality is conditional...
Articles from Theosophical sites
Montreal Theosophy Project
- William Q Judge on Karma and Life Circumstances
- The top 12 posts of 2017
- Through the Gates of Gold - Chapter 2 – The Mystery of Threshold - Part 3
- Moses Cordovero's Kabbalistic Eightfold Path (The Palm Tree of Deborah)
- Introduction to Gnosticism: The Pistis Sophia, part 1
- Through the Gates of Gold - Chapter 3 – The Initial Effort - Part 1
- Mose Cordovero's Ethics of the 10 Sefirot (Tomer Devorah)
- Astrology: Spring Equinox, March 20 2018
- Introduction to Gnosticism: The Pistis Sophia, part 3
- Introduction to Gnosticism: The Pistis Sophia, part 2
- The Overview Effect: Universal Brotherhood a Fact in Nature
- “The Investigation of the Unexplained laws of Nature and the Psychical Powers Latent in Man”
- Occult Science vs the Top 10 Dogmas of Modern Science
- Dr. Jim Tucker: Children Who Remember Previous Lives
- Proof of Reincarnation in Science and Religion
- The Heart Field: Spiritual Thoughts of the Soul
- How the Soul of Leopard Diabolo became Spirit
- A Happy and Healthy New Year: Recognizing the World as a Living System
- Universal Love, the Unstoppable Force
- Awakening: The Fall and Rise of the Third Eye
- Seeing the Future: Karma and the Illusion of Time
- Meeting an Angel and Evidence of Immortality
- This Reincarnated Baby Needed to Speak
- Divine Light, the Great Protean Magician
- The Secret Universe Part 2: Nature’s Human Magnets
- The Secret Universe Part 1: Space is Not Empty
- The Near Death Experience: A Drowning Man’s Vision
- Sins of the Father, the Ghost in your Genes
- Blavatsky and Modernism
- Blavatsky & Gnosticism
- Recent Books - Reincarnation in America: An Esoteric History - Lee Irwin etc.
- Blavatsky and Modern Occultism/New Age Spirituality
- Blavatsky & Annie Besant
- Blavatsky Biographical
- Blavatsky's Articulate Feminist Editorial on Sexual Harassment
- Blavatsky - The Year in Review - 2017
Blavatsky Theosophy UK
- Transgender: Seeking A Spiritual Perspective
- The Elevation of Woman
- Thoughts on "Killing Out" Desire & The Personal Nature
- Theosophy on Sex and Sexuality
- Notable Books 35
- Good News from Michele and Pablo Sender
- Good News from Michele and Pablo Sender
- Mini-Interviews Patrizia Conte
- Good News from The Theosophical Society in America
- Mini-Interviews James Walkowiak
- Virginia Gordon Hanson (1898-1991)
- Good News from the European School of Theosophy
- Good News from Singapore
- Mini-Interviews Esteban Langlois
- Mini-Interviews Jaikumar Kannan
- Mini-Interviews Shirley Penn
- Good News from Portugal
- Seasons of the Mind
- One in four girls is depressed at age 14
- James Scudday Perkins, (1899-1991)
- Good News from the TOS
- Good News from International Theosophy Conferences Inc.
- Thoughts on the First Object
- New research points to better way to treat depression
- Jalal-Ud-Din Rumi
- The Ruins of Religion
- Anecdotes about Architects – One
- Victor Peñaranda – A Tribute
- Hilma af Klint revisited. Part III: Anna Cassel, Hilma’s ‘other half’
- Anecdotes about Architects – Two
- Viewing Conflict in Emptiness
- Preparing for Perfection
- David Grossman’s Psychometry Series
Book of Dzyan Research
- Book of the Golden Precepts in Tibetan?
- More on the Recently Rediscovered Kālacakra-mūla-tantra Section
Press outside the movement about Theosophy
The Da Vinci code author Dan Brown has just donated €300,000 to the Ritman Library to digitize thousands of “pre-1900 texts on alchemy, astrology, magic, and theosophy.” as goodereader.com, boingboing.net and The Nerdist reported.
The Sri Lanka Guardian published an article about Forgotten Bohemian of Sri Lanka : C. Jinarajadasa.
In The Hindu you can read about the beggining of the Theosophical Library in Chenai in the article ‘Maruthanayagam’ and Yusuf Khan.
On mid-day.com you can read Meher Marfatia: Wadi wonder under the bridge which is related th the Theosophical Society.
The Londonist claims a blue plaque for HBP (and other important woman) asking Where Are All The Blue Plaques For Women?.
In an artcile about Ruchi Ram Sahni in The Wire is said, that he challenged Madame Blavatsky.
The Krotono Institute of Theoosphy was mentioned in the LA Times within the article Ojai residents take stock of their blessings — and vulnerability — after surviving the Thomas fire, also vcreporter.com reported.
The Bolton News announces a meeting of the Bolton Theosophical Society
Henry Steel Olcott was mentioned in the article Why so many Americans think Buddhism is just a philosophy in The Durango Herald.
In a book-review in towntopics.com Theosophy and R. Steiner in relation to Einstein and Kafka is mentioned.
Elsie Howey, who become a theosophist in 1923 and left most of her estate to the English Theosophy Trust, was part of the Book: Hidden Heroines: The Feisty Women who fought for Women’s Suffrage, as Worcester News reported.
There is an Interview on ArtList.com with Artist Jonathan Anderson were he stated that Theosophy and spiritualism were definitely important to the history of modernist art.
An article about Rukmini Devi Arundale and Theosophy you can read on livemint.com.
HPB is mentioned from swedish musican Anna von Hausswolff in its Interview 'Forget about space and time, it's eternal and mysterious' published in theARTdesc.com
It seems that Chlöe Herington publihsed a music albim wit a song about the Thesophical Society, as we can read in The Quietus.
Galerie St. Etienne in New York is hosting an exhibition titled Drawing the Line: Realism and Abstraction in Expressionist Art as blouinartinfo.com reported and which has also theosophical influence.
An article in The Vice about Anna Kingsford relates her to Theosophy and Black Magic.
Stu Salkeld promotes the big lie, that Nazi-Ideology and Hitler co-opted Blavatskys Writtings, as you can read in the Stettler Independent in the article Social justice warriors don’t like Nordic runes.
Another article that claims, that Theosophy leads to Neo-Nazism, which is a lie.
In The Daily Sentinel Theosophy, a teaching that leads to Altruism and Philantropy, is drawn as a Apocalyptic religion from a "Professor" of University of Denver.
Jordan Peterson & Fascist Mysticism is another article that raise false allegations against Theosophy releated to facism.
Another site that propagate the lie, that many nazi-germany officials were inspirated by Theosophy.
While, therefore, the INDIVIDUAL EGO, owing to its essence and nature, is immortal throughout eternity, with a form (rûpa), which prevails during the whole life cycles of the Fourth Round, its Sosie, or resemblance, the personal Ego, has to win its immortality.
European School of Theosophy (EuST, Adyar)
TS in Germany e.V.
TOS (TS Adyar)
TS Adyar Germany
He who does not practice altruism...is no Theosophist.
Letter to the editor
Patrick C. via Facebook
Your well researched piece on the declining interest in Theosophy is discouraging indeed: ''.....'' You're absolutely right about the need for ''digital marketing appropriate for the target audience.'' That includes quality visual presentations (since the younger generation are not big readers to say the least) . I'm still hopeful though. I know of many young passionate Theosophists doing good work. Interest in the Ageless Wisdom is increasing dramatically in Latin American countries. On another thread here it was mentioned that the Youtube video: The Hidden History of Humanity (Monadic Media) has had over 1,000,000 views, and popular writers about Theosophy and esotericism like Gary Lachman are reaching many young people. There are many good biographies of HPB published in recent years and scholarly/academic books & articles. Likewise there are many Theosophical websites (like Theosophy Forward) and large Facebook groups centered on occult themes - not necessarily on HPB but around Hermeticism, esoteric Christianity, Gnosticism, Manly Hall, etc. Most modern occultism stems from HPB, though members of these various movements and groups often don't know of her influence on their favorite writers. As you say, we must continue to do our utmost to spread Theosophy with its intelligent teachings on spiritual evolution, interdependence and Unity. Thanks for another excellent issue of Theosophy World News.
From Scott R. via Facebbok
Your articles on the Esoteric Section caught my attention [this articles where posted in Theos Talk Yahoo Group, its not from me]. My personal opinion is that the ES should be discontinued. It runs contrary to what I thought the TS was all about when I joined. There is no need for a Secret Society of the select and privileged within the TS. If there is going to be an Esoteric Section the rules of membership should be the same as the rules of membership to join and be a member the TS. Given those requirements neither HPB nor Olcott could have been a member of the present day ES. In truth it is a secret private club for those seeking prestige ,free housing and/or support from the TS. If there is going to be an ES it should be transparent and equally open to all members of the Society. Until that occurs the TS Adyar will never and can never achieve its full potential. This is only my personal and humble opinion. I understand that some will be offended by what I say here ,however my intent is not to offend ,but only to express my opinion. Thanks.